Thursday, May 30, 2013

THE DRESS REHEARSAL

There is a famous quote "Life is not a dress rehearsal."  Not true.

I'm going to a neighborhood yacht party and I wanted to make a fashion statement.  I had to start with a  theme - Old Hollywood.  And since I'm thinking of Old Hollywood, I needed a costume designer: Me.   If Cary Grant had one, why shouldn't I?

I pulled out and hung up all my summer clothes to create a new look.  A little something old, something new.  Vintage spectator shoes, new white linen pants, my 1940s navy-blue linen blazer, a choice of shirts and accessories.  But I needed something special that screamed Old Hollywood.  Got it.  An Ascot!  And now comes the fun part, trying on all of the clothes ... THE DRESS REHEARSAL.  

Like they say in the movies, "How do I look?"  


No comments:

Post a Comment